Half Way To Falling
Kate O’Shea presents Half Way to Falling at The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion, Cork
March 31st – May 8th 2021
The Lord Mayor’s Pavilion, Fitzgerald’s Park, Cork
Half Way to Falling is a collaborative and collective response to Common Ground’s The Just City – Counter Narrative Neighbourhood Residency Award 2020 – 2021 which was awarded to Kate O’ Shea in March 2020, when Ireland entered its first period of lockdown. In April 2020 Kate established an online reading group of international activists, community workers, artists and academics from eight cities around the world. This has evolved into The Just City Collective.
Dr. Eve Olney will chair the post-screening discussion with:
- Kate O’ Shea, artist and organiser
- Siobhán Kavanagh, Vocal Artist and Songwriter
- John Bisset, Community Worker & Activist, St. Andrew’s Community Centre, Rialto
- Fionnuala O’ Connell, Youth Worker, Activist and Artist, Cork Migrant Centre
- Dr. Krini Kafiris, Researcher, Activist and Mentor
This post-screening discussion will be followed by two short video pieces and will also be available as a podcast episode on Sample-Studios’ podcast, after the launch event.