Common Ground is directed by a voluntary board of people with experience in the areas of arts, community development, business, education and youth work.
Current board of directors:
- Tom Daly – Chairperson – founder and Managing Director of Third Systems Approaches. Began his career in the private sector and worked in the co-operative movement and the third sector before founding TSA. Tom has an outstanding reputation in social enterprise support work in both urban and rural communities. Tom’s special areas of interest are cross sector collaboration between public, private and community sector organisations for community benefit and working with TSA’s consultants in a support role for individual third sector organisations and the sector as a whole. (appointed May 2011) http://www.tsa.ie/people/
- Cormac Buggy – Company Secretary – Director Quinn Barnwall Buggy Architects, 25 years’ experience in private sector and public procurement projects. He has acted as Architect and Design Team Leader on a wide range of projects in the residential (social, affordable housing & private sector), education, conservation, commercial, sports and community sectors. Cormac has undertaken projects in Ireland, UK, USA and Spain. (appointed 2008) http://www.qbbarchitects.ie
- Rita Fagan – manager of St Michael’s Family Resource Centre, longstanding experience working for social and economic change in the city and local area. A former Board member of IMMA, extensive experience of partnership and working with arts organisations, expertise in media relations and national policy development. (appointed March 2011)
- Nigel Rolfe – performance artist for the past thirty years throughout Europe, and the former Eastern Block, North America and Japan. In the 1980s and 90s he worked with the pan-European group Black Market International. Since the late 1990s he has performed solo in Ireland at the National Sculpture Factory in Cork (1998), the Cork Film Centre (2002), The Church Gallery, Limerick (2003) and Mount Shannon, Co. Clare (2004) as part of the Irish Museum of Modern Art’s National programme. He has exhibited in Biennales in Kwangju in 1997 and Sao Paulo in 1998. His retrospective Archivewas shown at the Irish Museum of Modern Art in 1994, and Nigel Rolfe Videos 1983 – 1996 was exhibited as an installed retrospective at The Musee d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris in 1996. Nigel is Visiting Professor in Fine Art at the Royal College of Art in London, and Senior Visiting Critic to postgraduate fine art courses in the United States and Europe. (Appointed September 2012) http://www.nigelrolfe.com/
- Catherine Marshall – is an art historian and curator. She is Joint-Editor of Twentieth Century, Vol V. of Art and Architecture of Ireland RIA. Catherine is former Head of Collections at the Irish Museum of Modern Art, a founding editor of Comcol, the international online newsletter of ICOM’S Collection sub -committee. She chairs the Steering Committee of Bealtaine, the biggest annual Arts Event in Ireland and sits on the Boards of the Butler Gallery and KCAT, The Kilkenny Centre for Arts Talent.
Catherine curated ‘Kathleen Lynn; Insider on the Outside’ which will opened at five venues in Mayo on Easter Saturday 2016. Catherine is joint-editor of Modern Ireland in 100 Artworks published in 2016.
Catherine has lectured at Trinity College, Dublin, University College Dublin, the National College of Art and Design, and the National Gallery. She has curated exhibitions of Irish art in Canada and China and all over Ireland, and facilitated displays of Irish art for venues in the United States, Australia and various European destinations. She writes and broadcasts widely about aspects of Irish art for catalogues, international publications and art journals. (Appointed January 2017)
- Siobhan Geoghegan – Director of Artistic Programme – siobhan(at)commonground.ie
- Ger Nolan – Administrator – ger(at)commonground.ie